The latest Delta plus variant of COVID-19 has been detected in 12 states in India with more than 51 cases detected from over 45,000 samples sequenced so far in the country. This variant was first seen in Europe in March this year. It was, however, brought into the public domain only in June. Eleven countries have reported this variant so far.
As for how widespread Delta plus is, enough samples have not been genome-sequenced to know. Only about 200 sequences were detected across the globe and just around 30 in India. Maharashtra is seeking complete information about the people detected with the Delta plus variant, including their travel history, whether they were vaccinated or not, and if they were reinfected. Research is going on across the world to better understand this new variant.
April 5, 2022
February 1, 2022
January 20, 2022
- Telangana Minister KTR Joins South Pushback To Amit Shah Hindi Pitch
- Hatemonger’s Rape Threat To Muslim Women, UP Cops File Case After 6 Days
- Sanath Jayasuriya praises big brother India for helping Sri Lanka amid economic crisis
- US Slams “Deliberate Campaign To Kill, To Torture, To Rape” In Ukraine Bucha
- Biden Outlines Next Phase Of Sanctions On Russia
Ajit Pawar became ‘clean’ as soon as he came with BJP? latestupdatenews.com…
Alcohol, mother, sister and sister-in-law raped latestupdatenews.com…
Now ISRO in preparation for Chandrayaan-3, 12-month deadline latestupdatenews.com…
Pakistan shows a checkered face, said – Kulbhushan Jadhav’s case will not run in civilian court latestupdatenews.com…