Twenty two towns in France are maintaining a ban on the burkini despite court rulings that have said mayors have no legal right to dictate what women wear on the beach.
More than 30 towns initially had imposed a ban on the swimwear, which covers the body from head to toe, leaving only the face, hands and feet exposed. French courts have already ruled that mayors in Villeneuve-Loubet and Cannes, among others, had no legal right to impose such dress codes. Bans in other cities also face challenges in court, one by one.
The burkini is worn mostly by Muslim women, and officials say the bans are a response to growing terror concerns after a series of attacks, including one last month in Nice that left 86 dead when a man drove a truck through a crowd celebrating Bastille Day.
October 11, 2019
November 25, 2019
September 26, 2019
September 25, 2019
September 18, 2019
- Ajit Pawar became ‘clean’ as soon as he came with BJP?
- Alcohol, mother, sister and sister-in-law raped
- Now ISRO in preparation for Chandrayaan-3, 12-month deadline
- Pakistan shows a checkered face, said – Kulbhushan Jadhav’s case will not run in civilian court
- PM Modi said in BRICS Business Forum, Open and business friendly environment in India
Ajit Pawar became ‘clean’ as soon as he came with BJP? latestupdatenews.com…
Alcohol, mother, sister and sister-in-law raped latestupdatenews.com…
Now ISRO in preparation for Chandrayaan-3, 12-month deadline latestupdatenews.com…
Pakistan shows a checkered face, said – Kulbhushan Jadhav’s case will not run in civilian court latestupdatenews.com…