The Tamil Nadu government has announced a two week “total lockdown” from May 10 amid a surge in COVID-19 cases. The order was issued a day after the state recorded its biggest day spike of over 26,000 new Covid infections.
The total lockdown will be enforced from 4 am on May 10 to 4 am on May 24,” he said. Other services and tasks allowed to continue during the lockdown are banks (with 50 per cent staff) and ration shops. Restaurants will only be allowed takeaways.
Cases in Tamil Nadu spiked during campaigning, as all major parties held election rallies in which social distancing was absent, leading to sharp rebukes from the Madras High Court. Tamil Nadu is the third southern state after Kerala and Karnataka to announce lockdown to fight the deadly sweep of the second wave of infections.
April 5, 2022
February 1, 2022
January 20, 2022
- Telangana Minister KTR Joins South Pushback To Amit Shah Hindi Pitch
- Hatemonger’s Rape Threat To Muslim Women, UP Cops File Case After 6 Days
- Sanath Jayasuriya praises big brother India for helping Sri Lanka amid economic crisis
- US Slams “Deliberate Campaign To Kill, To Torture, To Rape” In Ukraine Bucha
- Biden Outlines Next Phase Of Sanctions On Russia
Ajit Pawar became ‘clean’ as soon as he came with BJP? latestupdatenews.com…
Alcohol, mother, sister and sister-in-law raped latestupdatenews.com…
Now ISRO in preparation for Chandrayaan-3, 12-month deadline latestupdatenews.com…
Pakistan shows a checkered face, said – Kulbhushan Jadhav’s case will not run in civilian court latestupdatenews.com…