In the middle of a political fight after eight people were burnt alive by a mob at a village in Bengal’s Birbhum, Mamata Banerjee is today visiting the area. The Chief Minister has been accused by the opposition BJP of presiding over a complete collapse of law and order in the state. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday described the killings as “heinous” and said those responsible for them should not be forgiven.
Mamata Banerjee, say sources, will meet the family of Bhadu Sheikh. On Wednesday, she vowed strict action, “regardless of political colours”. The state government has set up a special investigation team and some 20 people have been arrested. However, the BJP has demanded a central investigation, the sacking of the Chief Minister and President’s Rule.
April 5, 2022
February 1, 2022
January 20, 2022
- Telangana Minister KTR Joins South Pushback To Amit Shah Hindi Pitch
- Hatemonger’s Rape Threat To Muslim Women, UP Cops File Case After 6 Days
- Sanath Jayasuriya praises big brother India for helping Sri Lanka amid economic crisis
- US Slams “Deliberate Campaign To Kill, To Torture, To Rape” In Ukraine Bucha
- Biden Outlines Next Phase Of Sanctions On Russia
Ajit Pawar became ‘clean’ as soon as he came with BJP? latestupdatenews.com…
Alcohol, mother, sister and sister-in-law raped latestupdatenews.com…
Now ISRO in preparation for Chandrayaan-3, 12-month deadline latestupdatenews.com…
Pakistan shows a checkered face, said – Kulbhushan Jadhav’s case will not run in civilian court latestupdatenews.com…