Congress leader Navjot Singh Sidhu on Tuesday warned the Uttar Pradesh government that the Punjab Congress will lead a march to UP’s Lakhimpur district – where violence erupted on Sunday, killing eight people – if the accused is not arrested, and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, who is in police custody since yesterday, is not released.
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said she was arrested “illegally” in Uttar Pradesh’s Sitapur on Monday when she was on her way to Lakhimpur where eight people, including four farmers, were killed on Sunday. Violence erupted in the UP district, about 400 km from Delhi, when farmers were protesting against BJP leaders.
The Congress has been attacking the BJP over Ms Gandhi Vadra’s arrest, saying no arrest memorandum has been shared. Priyanka Gandhi said she was “manhandled, pushed and shoved” during the confrontation. Today, former Union Minister P Chidambaram, while talking to NDTV, said, “No woman can be arrested before sunrise.”
April 5, 2022
February 1, 2022
January 20, 2022
- Telangana Minister KTR Joins South Pushback To Amit Shah Hindi Pitch
- Hatemonger’s Rape Threat To Muslim Women, UP Cops File Case After 6 Days
- Sanath Jayasuriya praises big brother India for helping Sri Lanka amid economic crisis
- US Slams “Deliberate Campaign To Kill, To Torture, To Rape” In Ukraine Bucha
- Biden Outlines Next Phase Of Sanctions On Russia
Ajit Pawar became ‘clean’ as soon as he came with BJP? latestupdatenews.com…
Alcohol, mother, sister and sister-in-law raped latestupdatenews.com…
Now ISRO in preparation for Chandrayaan-3, 12-month deadline latestupdatenews.com…
Pakistan shows a checkered face, said – Kulbhushan Jadhav’s case will not run in civilian court latestupdatenews.com…