The Prime Minister “inserted a weapon in our phones”, used it to “hit the soul of India’s democracy” and now the government is trying to silence opposition demands for a discussion in Parliament, Congress MP Rahul Gandhi said Wednesday.
Mr Gandhi was addressing reporters after a meeting of 14 opposition parties – a meeting to chalk out a strategy to take on the government over the Pegasus phone-hacking scandal, which has triggered protests in, and forced repeated adjournments of, the monsoon session of Parliament.
The issue of Pegasus is an issue of nationalism and treason for us because this weapon was used against democracy. For me, it’s [using Pegasus not an issue of privacy, but an anti-national activity.”
This weapon was used against India. This is a weapon which should have been used against terrorists but Modi ji and Amit Shah should tell why it was used against democracy. Narendra Modi and Amit Shah have hit soul of India’s democracy by using Pegasus against India, its institutions,” Rahul Gandhi said.
April 5, 2022
February 1, 2022
January 20, 2022
- Telangana Minister KTR Joins South Pushback To Amit Shah Hindi Pitch
- Hatemonger’s Rape Threat To Muslim Women, UP Cops File Case After 6 Days
- Sanath Jayasuriya praises big brother India for helping Sri Lanka amid economic crisis
- US Slams “Deliberate Campaign To Kill, To Torture, To Rape” In Ukraine Bucha
- Biden Outlines Next Phase Of Sanctions On Russia
Ajit Pawar became ‘clean’ as soon as he came with BJP? latestupdatenews.com…
Alcohol, mother, sister and sister-in-law raped latestupdatenews.com…
Now ISRO in preparation for Chandrayaan-3, 12-month deadline latestupdatenews.com…
Pakistan shows a checkered face, said – Kulbhushan Jadhav’s case will not run in civilian court latestupdatenews.com…