The Central Bureaur of Invesitgation (CBI) on Thursday registered nine cases in connection with post-poll violence in West Bengal. All the four special units of the investigating agency, tasked to probe the cases of violence, have moved their units from Kolkata to crime scenes across the state, government sources said.
The Calcutta high court had recently ordered a ‘court-monitored’ CBI probe into cases of murder, rape and attempted rape during the poll process in Bengal and set up a special investigation team under the supervision of a retired Supreme Court judge to probe other criminal cases.
Within 24 hours of the Calcutta High Court’s order for a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the alleged post-poll violence incidents in West Bengal, two caveats were filed back to back at the Supreme Court on Friday.
April 5, 2022
February 1, 2022
January 20, 2022
- Telangana Minister KTR Joins South Pushback To Amit Shah Hindi Pitch
- Hatemonger’s Rape Threat To Muslim Women, UP Cops File Case After 6 Days
- Sanath Jayasuriya praises big brother India for helping Sri Lanka amid economic crisis
- US Slams “Deliberate Campaign To Kill, To Torture, To Rape” In Ukraine Bucha
- Biden Outlines Next Phase Of Sanctions On Russia
Ajit Pawar became ‘clean’ as soon as he came with BJP? latestupdatenews.com…
Alcohol, mother, sister and sister-in-law raped latestupdatenews.com…
Now ISRO in preparation for Chandrayaan-3, 12-month deadline latestupdatenews.com…
Pakistan shows a checkered face, said – Kulbhushan Jadhav’s case will not run in civilian court latestupdatenews.com…